8/27/12

Every Single Stone will Fall







When we started our adoption process, we knew that it was impossible for us in every way.   We knew it would test our faith, resolve and endurance like no experience ever has.   Even then, we had no idea what we would face along the way.   We kept trusting as we put one foot in front of the other squinting ahead to catch a glimpse of the Promise.   For so many months all we've seen is blowing sand, but the Lord has been faithful as we cling to Him.

"be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go" Joshua 1:9

We now stand at the edge and wait.

Ahead of us I see the Promised Land, behind us the fierce desert...but directly in our path the towering Wall.   The Wall that has looms between us and the Promise, that has threatened to send us back where we came from,  but it is going to fall.   Not because of anything we have done, or can do, or will do...but because our God is mighty and He will be glorified.  

It will be spectacular!

"But Joshua had commanded the people, "Do not give a war cry, do not raise your voices, do not say a word until the day I tell you to shout.  Then SHOUT!" Joshua 6:10

...and shout we will!  From the rooftops!

"in a week it's crazy how everything can change"

So as we cry out to Yahweh, and watch in awe at his deliverance, we know that we have not walked one step of this journey alone.

"In the time of my favor I will answer you, 
and in the day of salvation I will help you.
I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people,
to restore the land
and to reassign its desolate inheritances,
to say to the captives, 'Come out',
and to those in darkness, Be free!"   Isaiah49:8-9


"But this is what the Lord says:
Yes captives will be taken from warriors, 
and plunder retrieved from the fierce,
I will contend with those who contend with you,
and you children I will save".  Isaiah 49:25







2 comments:

Kia said...

"You are my strength ; I will wait for you to rescue me, for you, O God, are my fortress." psalm 59:9

Love this post...

Lynnea said...

And the wall came tumbling down...to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISING HIM tonight!!
:)